Kenneth Brian Associates are working with a well-established firm based in East Croydon who are looking for a Payroll Officer on a 16 month FTC. The role is hybrid with a maximum of two days based in the office.
- Manage all normal payroll account transactions
- Manage all deductions
- Ensure the accurate processing of starters, pay changes & leavers, accurately calculating pro-rata payments.
- Manage payroll tax tasks
- Undertake payroll error checking and provide payroll reports to the finance team
- Post-commit ensure that all HMRC filing is completed in time.
- Resolve payroll issues and answer payroll-related queries promptly and sensitively
- Administer the contributory pension scheme, and salary sacrifice schemes
- Maintain accurate records of all changes made to payroll and prepare reports as necessary
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in payroll
- Previous experience using a recognised payroll software and an ability to download and manipulate data providing reports and analysis is highly desirable.
- Excellent written, numerical and verbal communication skills
- A team player who is able to work under pressure and under own initiative, meeting monthly deadlines.
- Current knowledge of UK payroll procedures and related legislation
- Excellent Excel skills
- A basic understanding of pensions, in particular auto-enrolment is desirable.