Pertemps are working with an award-winning marketing agency with a focus on delivering work that contributes to social justice that changes lives. Our client work to continuously improve their service and are increasingly using dynamic digital content to deliver our campaigns.On behalf of our client Pertemps are recruiting a mid-level Web Developer
to join their busy digital services team. Someone who has the skills and right amount of experience, but most importantly, is keen to be a member of a team who want to make a difference.You will have a good level of website development experience and be looking for a challenging and rewarding role in a busy full-service marketing agency.You will ideally have a minimum of 3 year of agency or similar experience in the industry as you will be working closely with the in-house digital team as well as with clients and the wider team.This is a fantastic opportunity to join our clients multi award-winning digital team and develop within a vibrant and creative environment.The digital team work on a variety of bespoke websites as well as APIs, games and a number of other digital projects so you will always be learning on the job.The role involves:
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Working as part of a team to create, develop and maintain websites and applications.
- Bringing fresh ideas and insight to projects.
- Building relationships with clients to ensure they get the outcomes they need.
- Having a keen eye for detail, making sure output is always of the highest quality.
- Mentoring more junior developers and taking partial responsibility for their CPD
- Have commercial experience in HTML5 / CSS3
- Be proficient in responsive web development
- Be well versed in PHP & MySQL
- Understand PSR coding standards
- Be experienced in UX & UI best practices
- Be able to develop with Gutenberg blocks in WordPress
- Be keen to progress, have a flexible can-do approach and an ability to multi-task and hit challenging deadlines.
- Object-orientated development in PHP
- Working with cPanel/WHM
- Writing WordPress plugins
- Using Gitflow for version control
- Working with the Roots development framework (Sage and Bedrock)
- Deploying websites (Linux server administration and DNS)
- Scripting with Capistrano
- Building HTML emails with best practice
- Managing Google Workspace
Fully remote or Hybrid working availableWhy work for our client??
For over 20 years our client has designed and delivered communications that engage and empower people to lead better lives. They listen, test ideas, invite participation and encourage input. Every member of the team brings something different, but all share a passion for producing industry-leading work. Storytelling sits at the heart of the business - it powers their use of design and technology and helps our work to connect with audiences on an emotional level.Our client chooses to only work with clients who share their own values of delivering benefits to individuals, communities, and society. As a result, they are proud to work with a broad range of public and third sector clients across the country. Whether through their digital design and development team or the graphic design department, they create high quality, modern and innovative design solutions, always with the needs of a specific audience in mind.Our client believes in work-life balance. Personal progression is hugely important, and they offer their team the opportunity to develop a highly rewarding career.Full-time, PermanentSalary:
- £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Diploma of Higher Education (preferred)
- Web development: 3 years (required)