Lead Data Scientist
Companies often struggle to get the results from technology that we know are possible.
Well implemented technology can be world changing, it removes waste and makes us better at what we do. Where technology is ignored or used badly, we fail.
Intechnicas mission is to help others achieve the true value that technology can offer and increase their success and value. We aim to be the leader in Europe at supporting PE/VC backed businesses achieve their growth plans with Technology.
This is achieved through our excellence at understanding how to improve a technology function to deliver business value and then assisting the company to deliver those improvements. Our strengths include system architecture, technology strategy and leadership, change management, bespoke software development incorporating data science and machine learning and cloud platform management.
We see data science and machine learning coupled with robotic process automation and software development as pivotal to value creation over the next 10 years.
We have a hard working and professional culture but believe in having fun. We look for people who align with our values.
- We are a team:we believe that effective teamwork is the key to successful delivery.
- We are determined:we do not let obstacles stand in our way and strive to deliver positive change.
- We are open and flexible:we listen to others and are prepared to change our views.
- We learn and teach: we strive to be as good as we can and to be effective at developing others.
- We create value:wehelp our clients and Intechnica to grow and succeed.
Intechnica is a diverse organisation and proud of it. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that technology makes a difference.
We are looking for an experienced Head Data Scientist to join our established team. This will require experience in taking the technical lead in complex data science projects and problems. You will be involved from the projects pre-sales activity having the ability to translate data science approaches into non-technical language, moving to project scoping and defining timescales and then delivering the product to our clients.
You must have strong technical ability and be able to guide a team of data scientists working on diverse projects for multiple clients using a broad range of data science skills - machine learning, process automation, data management, computer vision and predictive modelling.
You will have the knowledge and acumen to review a business, understand their data estate and offer guidance on their ability to introduce data science into their environment. You will have the ability to communicate this to our clients in both verbal and written formats offering support and technical expertise.
In return for your time, expertise, and energy you will receive:
- Salary: £85,000 to £95,000 base
- Private health care
- Life insurance
- 26 Days Holiday inc your Birthday
- Annual paid Training days
You will also get to work on a wide variety of technical challenges that are critical to our clients success. Variety of business problem and technology usage is the normal.
The detail Job title Lead Data Scientist Team AI / Data Science Reports to Delivery Director Main purpose of job
Key skills & Experience
- Technical lead for all Data Science and AI projects: Guide project requirement scoping/definitions activity and provide technical guidance for the team as well as hands on support throughout the project lifecycle. Drive solutions from research & design activities
- Data Science Consultancy: Support consultancy engagements in reviewing businesses and their data capability
- Technical Pre-Sales: Support pre-sales activity within the sales and marketing teams
In addition to the skills needed to deliver the section above we are looking for.
- Client facing experience: Experience in client facing engagements with the ability to translate data science approaches into non-technical language
- Learning-based skills: Understand foundational machine learning-based models and uses. Insight into transfer learning using pretrained models for specific tasks they were not necessarily trained on
- Cloud skills: Experience with PaaS (Platform as a Service) & FaaS (Function as a Service) (Lambda, ECR/ECS, EC2, Beanstalk, or equivalents). Understanding of cloud networking principles (eg. VPCs)
- Engineering skills: Interpret business challenges/problems into code. Utilising existing libraries (shared collection of code) and adapt to business/project requirements. Task-specific language experiences. Interest in optimising solution design to meet requirements. Understanding of languages like R and Python
- Absolute alignment with our core values .
- Significant alignment with our service beliefs .
- Passionate about technology.
- Committed to continuous learning. Stays up to date with current technical trends.
- Persistence and determined to remove obstacles.
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills