Job role: SQL Database Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Liverpool, L3
Salary: 30k - 50k dependant on experience
Bonus: an on-call allowance of approximately £7000 is applicable, in addition to normal salary
You will be working within our Information Systems department who offer a wide range of services including computing and network support, delivery and support regarding IT equipment, specialist software and services and networking support.
- To become part of the Business Intelligence & Information Systems team, implementing
enhancements and carrying out day to day support of BI and departmental initiatives.
- Maintain availability and performance of all business critical SQL Servers 24-7.
- Responsible for database and query performance optimisation (tuning, indexing and
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters;
implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements.
- Install and configure new SQL Servers.
- Document the company's database environment.
- To develop and apply skills in project management, business analysis, and technical
- Work within an on-call rota, potentially responding to critical issues outside of
- Good knowledge of and skills in using SQL Server 2008 - SQL Server 2019 end to end
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance.
- Ability to visually interpret execution plans and identify bottlenecks.
- Previous experience of proactively monitoring 20-30 SQL Servers.
- Experience of using source control.
- Experience of Azure PaaS.
- Experience of using and configuring SQL Server High Availability Solutions such as;
- AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances.
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- Database Mirroring.
- Log Shipping.
- 28 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.