Senior Data Engineer £65,000 // Python // Azure
Austin Fraser is recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer to help a multi-national organisation to drive a major data-driven transformation. The successful candidate will embed themselves directly with decision-makers and an experienced team of data specialists in order to implement a transformation strategy.Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply your skills and expertise in statistics and machine learning to help solve real-world business problems.
- Through experimentation and evaluation of statistical and machine learning models, you will make a notable contribution to the data-driven business transformation journey.
- Work with large internal operational datasets and leverage external data sets to enrich the internal data and enhance your models' results.
- Implement tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Communicate your models' results and provide your recommendations to key decision-makers and stakeholders
£65,000 // Python // Azure
- Exposure in building and maintaining data platforms with on-premise and cloud-based architectures.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Azure technology stack including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, and Azure SQL.
- Experience with on-premise Microsoft SQL stack including SSMS, SSIS, and SQL Server.
- Awareness using python for building, testing, and maintaining data pipelines and demonstrable experience with orchestration tools including Azure Data Factory and Apache Airflow.
- Strong experience building efficient, resilient, and evolvable ETL/data pipelines from multiple heterogeneous data sources.
- Strong experience in Database/DW design and implementation including entity relationship modeling, dimensional modeling, star schemas, and multidimensional cubes.
- History working with NoSQL databases and knows when to use these over relational databases.
- Proficient in the use of T-SQL, Stored Procedures, and SQL query performance tuning.
- Experience in using data visualization tools including Power BI.
- Knowledge of extracting data from SAP ECC, SAP Hana, and SAP BW is very advantageous.
Austin Fraser is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Austin Fraser is committed to being an equal opportunities employer, and encourages applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity status.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.