We have a new position within our key client's Small Cells development team for a Lead Software Engineer with experience of embedded Linux based products. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the product software and other software tools used during manufacture and test of 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G Small Cell products.
The primary focus will be the product software. This will involve writing Linux libraries, utilities and drivers. The secondary part of the role is to help with development of the Manufacturing Test Systems and other software tools.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in real-time, embedded software development
- Experience with diagnosis of system issues at hardware, kernel and application software level
- Experience using debug tools such as in-circuit debuggers and protocol analysers
- Working knowledge of real-time, embedded Linux kernel and device drivers
- Working knowledge of IT protocols including ICMP, DNS, DHCP and NTP.
- Use of source code management tools
- Use of work and bug tracking tools
Experience using hardware test equipment such as oscilloscopes and RF test gear is a plus
Knowledge of radio systems and mobile networks, especially on 3GPP LTE 4G and 5G standards is a plus
This will be a hybrid working role