Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer to £55k
Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer *Remote / Hybrid WfH*. Would you like to work on complex software systems within the clean energy space and use the latest technologies whilst continually learning and developing your career?
The company works with stakeholders across the energy sector (consumers, industry, academia and government) to identify innovation priorities, gaps in the market and overcome barriers to accelerating the decarbonisation of the energy system at the lowest cost.
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer youll join a small team responsible for designing and developing new features and enhancements on the platform. Youll be working on a modern technology stack including Java 8, cloud technology (AWS), NoSQL databases and CI/CD.
Theres a remote interview and onboarding process and youll be able to work from home most of the time, meeting up with colleagues in the office one day every three weeks (Central Birmingham, 10 minute walk from 3 mainline stations).
- You have strong backend Java development experience; Java 8+
- You have Spring / SpringBoot experience
- You have a good understanding of databases, both SQL and NoSQL (theyre using PostgreSQL and MongoDB)
- Youre familiar with CI/CD, microservices, cloud based environments
- Youre collaborative with good communication skills
- Youre degree educated, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
As a Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £55k) plus benefits including bonus, 28 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution, life assurance and child care vouchers.
Apply now or call 01372 476 565 to find out more about this Java Developer / Backend Software Engineer (OOP Java 8 AWS) opportunity.