We are delighted to be working with a financial planning and investment management business based in Manchester who are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their very successful team on a full-time permanent basis as soon as possible, remote/hybrid working is also available with this role.
They help a range of clients with their investments and pensions and are at the forefront of responsible, social and ESG investing. Having a great culture is important to them and they are an employee-owned business where all staff are co-owners, able to achieve their full potential and share in the success.
The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the overall success of the business by being effectively involved in financial tasks for the main company and their linked entities.
* Full responsibility to produce one Company's month-end management accounts, including liaising with the Funds team and the production of sales invoices, journals etc
* Completion of monthly recharge process, from Parent to group companies
* Review purchase ledger data for VAT returns, ensuring transactions correctly treated
* Assist with processing of purchase invoices as necessary
* Assist with supplier payment runs, ensuring they are produced according to their terms
* Provide/analyse data for completion of 6 monthly budget and reforecast
* Liaise with auditors where necessary
* Assist with ad-hoc finance duties as required
The successful candidate should have:
* Experience of working within Financial Services (preferably a wealth management / investment management firm) and have a solid understanding of FCA regulations and VAT partial exemption principles.
* The role would suit someone with AAT or a relevant degree, who is part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
* Expert Excel Skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Experience of Sage 50 Accounts or similar is preferred
In return they offer a great work environment and truly superb benefits package including:
* £29,000 - £32,000 base salary + £5000 for relevant chartered qualifications now and in the future
* Opportunity to work remotely for those who would like to
* Training through their in-house Academy Programme leading to further qualifications being obtained
* Transparent and consistent approach to career development through which you will be able to develop your technical knowledge and interpersonal skills
* Opportunity to be part of an employee-owned business which values employee involvement
* Contributory pension scheme
* Up to 30 days of holiday
* Opportunity to join a tax-incentivised shareholder incentive plan
* NHS Top Up scheme
You are expected to follow the FCA Conduct Rules:
* You must act with integrity
* You must act with due skill, care and diligence.
* You must be open and co-operative with the FCA/PRA/other regulators
* You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
* You must observe proper standards of market conduct
If you would like to apply, please send your CV via the link and a consultant from Recruitment22 will contact you if you have been successfully shortlisted