A newly formed consultancy seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to join their new office, in Chelmsford.
This newly appointed role will require you to hit the ground running and oversee an array of professional projects across multiple sectors.
They pride themselves on putting sustainability to the forefront of their projects as well as creating cohesive relationships with their clients to be able to provide a cost-effective and professional experience, to enhance the reputation of the company for delivering Building Services Excellence.
The successful Senior Engineer should be confident in their ability and have the drive to always work up to their highest standards. You will be technically able with regard to Electrical system designs within a variety of building types. You will have strong communication skills to ensure the project's completion from start to finish with strong working knowledge of industry-specific software.
Why this role is different?
• This role has a great opportunity to become a partner within the company.
• Opportunity to lead, develop, design, implement, and oversee all elements of projects
• Sustainability led, a true believer in innovative cutting-edge engineering design the
consultancy has become specialists in delivering projects across the residential,
commercial, Mixed-use, Education, retail, and hotel industries.
• They value their employees and support each and every staff member with career
progression with generous pay, flexible working, and benefits from day one.
• Candidates who are driven, and eager to progress and develop their career will reap the rewards, within a company that is extremely ambitus and growing fast.
The role will involve:
• Carry-out project/team-specific activities as defined from time to time by Directors.
• Manage projects to achieve client satisfaction and profitability targets
• Work within a team environment and be able to instruct technicians and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Senior Engineer's control.
• Control own activities to meet deadlines.
• Advise other members of the construction team professionals on their own activities
related to building services.
• Understand and be able to deliver net zero carbon and energy designs.
• Undertake a survey of a building, preparation of a report on the mechanical/electrical
aspects of the building, including capability and compliance with Codes of Practice and
Regulations, and energy evaluation.
• Be computer literate and able to assist in the preparation of drawings on CAD and the ability to translate requirements to CAD technicians.
• Design and detail straightforward engineering systems
• Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports
• Prepare detailed design drawings in sketch form suitable for presenting concepts to
clients and other design professionals.
• Adequately communicate their thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals, and
clients in verbal and written form.
• Prepare complete packages of tender information.
• Monitor and report on the quality and progress of work on site.
• Prepare budget costs and produce designs to meet the agreed budget.
• Act professionally with all parties on client work to develop the company's reputation.
• Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of
personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
• Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
• Identify new work opportunities with clients and other professionals' outputs.
• Total client satisfaction with service delivered.
• Timely delivery of work to Company quality and profit requirements.
• Technical review reports prior to internal review.
• Expand work-related knowledge.
• Study to meet CPD objectives.
• Effective team member i.e. works well with others.
• Technically competent.
• Construction process-aware.
• Good communicator.
• Ideally an Electrical Engineering Degree or Building Service Degree.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience.
• Capable in the technical design of electrical systems.
• Experience designing using industry-specific software Microsoft Office, Amtech,
• Chartered Engineer and MCIBSE or MIET (Or currently working towards Chartership)
What You'll Get In Return
Flexible working options are available and you will manage your own diary in many ways. You will receive a competitive salary with benefits including a pension. Other benefits include fantastic training and development, a great working environment and technically working on a varied portfolio.
• Salary reviewed annually.
• Performance bonus.
• Working flexibility.
• Unique working environment.
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); 37.5hr working week; Pension, Professional
membership subscription; Assistance with Professional Registration and other benefits.
• On-site gym facilities