1st Step Solutions are looking for an Senior Mechanical Buyer/Procurement Manager who can come in and build the department and back up the company's development with a strong infrastructure. Our client are M&E and Fit Out specialists that deliver super-prime new build residential properties across London.
Typical duties include:
* Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
* Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
* Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
* Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation.
* Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
* Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
* Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
* Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
* Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
* Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
* Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
* Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
* Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
* Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
* Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
* Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
* Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
* Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
Skills and Attributes:
* Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers.
* Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem solving abilities.
* Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets.
* Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the production, and customer order fulfilment.
* Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
* Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
* Familiarity with an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system would be beneficial.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Relevant business/commercial or mechanical engineering degree preferred | ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3 or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
* Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar qualification or studying towards CIPS qualification would be beneficial.
* Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within an Mechanical environment.
* Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
* Experience of working closely with suppliers.
* Able to add value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
* Computer literate, with advanced Excel skills/abilities