The Engineering department is responsible for designing, manufacturing, assembling, testing, commissioning and site support of our machines with the assistance of our mechanical and electrical design engineers and electrical production departments. Machines include stage sets, winches and hoists for flying things and people, to large lifts and revolves used in ceremonies.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Hours of work: 7.30am-4.00pm, 40 hours/week with overtime as required
Contract Type: Permanent
The Mechanical Fitter is responsible for the assembly and testing of electro-mechanical assemblies as well as machining and welding parts. They will provide input into the design and manufacturing methodologies as well as assisting in the management of engineering processes and ensuring that projects are completed on time and to budget.
* Follow day to day production plans in order to meet project deadlines and budgets.
* Produce as built records
* Liaise with the CAD team and manager on drawings issued to the engineering team and raise any issues as necessary
* Occasional travel to site as required for installation of projects, including international travel
* Work with engineering / production staff within the engineering shop, as requested
* Operate the brake press, drills, welding plant and other associated plant within the engineering shop to achieve project requirements
* Assist in the service & repair of plant and equipment, as requested
Welding and fabrication skills
Very comfortable reading engineering drawings
Building and fitting custom built engineering drawings
Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
Knowledge of hydraulics
Strong teamworking skills