J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Water, Power, Natural Resources, and Construction & Property.
Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses - Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,500 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, we work as 'One Murphy' by directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
There's more to Murphy.
SHES Advisor ( H&S - Rail)
Welcome to TRU East:
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) aims to deliver faster, longer, more frequent, and more reliable services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds.
The aim of the TRU East Alliance is to transform the East of Leeds route allowing people to travel faster, more reliably and in greater comfort between the North's great cities. Providing passengers with more choice, more seats, and better facilities on a safer, cleaner, more environmentally friendly railway.
The Health & Safety (H&S) Advisor role sits within the Safety, Health, Environment and Sustainability (SHES) Function. Safety is our number one priority and as such the role is key for TRU East of Leeds.
The role will support the H&S manager, it will cover SHES governance and provide professional proactive H&S advice as well as being the 'go to' person for safety training, coaching, mentoring and education to the project teams.
What you will be doing
* Support the H&S Manager in driving health & safety values and behaviours and putting them at the core of all Alliance activities.
* Proactively promote H&S best practice and implement accident & incident prevention strategies throughout the Alliance Team (including supply chain partners).
* Work with the operational and functional support teams within the Alliance in the implementation of H&S standards and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with SHEs requirements, ISO standards, legislation, client requirements etc.
* Undertake periodic SHES inspections to monitor compliance of the above standards and statutory requirements during the delivery of the project.
* Provide professional H&S advice, coaching, mentoring, training and education to project management/supervisors/workforce and supply chain partners, as necessary.
* Prepare and deliver briefing packs on H&S issues including sharing best practice and learning from incidents.
* Ensure H&S coordination of activities during planning of works by attending project specific
* progress review and construction meetings.
* Assist in the management of accident/incident investigation, leading at the appropriate level. Support the management and close out of associated recommendations and remedial actions arising from such investigations.
* Undertake reasonable duties as directed by the senior members of the SHES Team, including 'on-call duties' in line with Alliance requirements.
* Developing and maintaining health and safety processes and procedures to support project scheme design and construction programme delivery.
Who we are looking for
* Previous experience in an H&S role
* Working knowledge of both rail and civil engineering interfaces and practices
* NEBOSH General Certificate
* CDM 2015 knowledge
* Network Rail Standards
* Knowledge of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001
* Qualified Auditor