Have you thought about progressing your career in the water industry? Water is an essential part of our everyday lives. At RSE, our employees play crucial roles in designing and delivering sustainable water and wastewater treatment solutions that address the need for drinking water and sanitation, improve people's lives, protect the environment, and make a difference to the world. Through a process of design, creation and innovation, engineers at RSE produce solutions which are safe, sustainable, and cost-effective. RSE has enjoyed sustained and controlled growth. We now hold a prominent position as one of the leading MEICA providers in the UK water industry.
RSE are looking to for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the our team in the Cumbernauld office. Your role will involve Comply with Ross-shire Engineering's Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems.
* Advising & coordinating preconstruction design systems
* Analysis of subcontractor tenders
* Assisting with cost planning, estimation and tendering activities
* Working with a design team
* Working on mechanical designs to improve value management
* Liaising with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
* Co-ordination of mechanical site delivery
* MEng or BEng in Mechanical Design Engineering or equivalent
* Proven experience in a previous mechanical design engineering position preferably with experience on projects between £100K - £5M+
* Solid understanding of mechanical discipline in the water sector
* Preconstruction design & cost evaluation
* Design estimation & cost planning
* Knowledge and experience of taking projects from design, through installation to commissioning.
* Client facing skills
* Excellent negotiation, time management and presentation skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Must be flexible and willing to travel
* Have a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Environmental disciplines
* IOSH Managing safely
What RSE Offers
You'll receive a competitive salary and benefits package and any relevant training to equip you with the technical and commercial knowledge you'll need to gain further experience and progress your career.
Please note, if you do not receive any correspondence within 4 weeks of your application, please be advised that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We are unable to accept applications from outside of the UK