Indirect Tax Senior Analyst
An Indirect Senior Tax Analyst is required for our national blue chip energy organisation located in Glasgow. This is a golden opportunity to work with a world leading organisation providing excellent remuneration and long-term career progression for the right applicant.
As a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst you will work with the other Senior Indirect Tax Managers, other members of the Tax Team and finance teams throughout the wider group to help deliver our clients strategy including its ambitious Net Zero Acceleration Programme. The Tax Team's primary role is to ensure that client meets its indirect tax obligations at all times, and to provide technical support regarding tax affairs across VAT and other indirect taxes / environmental taxes. The role will combine indirect tax compliance and advisory requirements.
Key Responsibilities: Tax Analyst
* Carry out review work in relation to indirect taxes, including internal processes, to identify risks and opportunities across the group;
* Provide practical, commercial advice to stakeholders across the group, including Finance, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Legal and Corporate Finance teams. Advice and support will be required across a wide range of indirect tax areas;
* Build and maintaining good working relationships internally and externally with business unit finance and commercial teams, Joint Venture partners, auditors, advisors and HMRC;
* Help deliver improvements and efficiencies through providing recommendations and developing solutions for the group; and
* Keep up to date with developments in indirect tax, and preparing internal guidance documents and training for key stakeholders
Must Haves for our Tax Analyst role
* CTA or equivalent qualification
* At least 1 year post-qualifying experience in working in an in-house tax team
* Practice or at HMRC; Experience in dealing with and providing advice across a range of indirect tax issues to both tax and non-tax specialists
* Excellent knowledge of the indirect tax legislation and practical experience of applying this to businesses
* Experience of dealing with HMRC in relation to indirect tax
* Excellent communication and time management skills Beneficial Experience of international VAT Industry experience
* Experience of environmental taxes and/or Customs
If you are interested in this Tax Analyst role, then please apply now and one of our consultants will get in touch.
Closing date is the 28th June 2022