Do you have strong experience designing and delivering data solutions?
We are Dufrain. We are a market-leading Data Management, Analytics & BI consultancy with offices across the UK. We are proud to be an agile, client focused, owner managed consultancy where we all share a common goal.
As we continue to build and strengthen our capability, we have exciting opportunities for Senior Data Engineers to join our consultancy team. This role is right for individuals who can demonstrate credible ability and a strong technical knowledge and apply this to be able to identify a problem, apply domain knowledge and use systematic steps to solve it or provide recommendations.
In Data Engineering you will have the opportunity to work in technical delivery, technologies and concepts in areas such as Data Storage, Data Ingestion, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Preparation and Cloud Infrastructure.
* Expertise in SQL and Python
* Strong experience designing and delivering data solutions in Azure, AWS, or GCP
* Minimum 5 years' experience as a Data Engineer with previous experience in industry
* Take ownership and accountability for critical initiatives and deliverables in line with design patterns and standards
* Project Management skills, and demonstrable experience of delivering projects across the lifecycle balancing business needs, operational delivery, and governance requirements
* Senior stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with business and technical focused colleagues
* Experience leading data engineers to develop performant end-to-end solutions, prioritising workloads, and encouraging collaborative working
* Experience working with one or more of - Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Snowflake
* Experience working with relational SQL and NoSQL databases both on premises and in the cloud
* Experience delivering multiple solutions using key techniques such as Governance, Architecture, Data Modelling, ETL / ELT, Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, Master Data, and BI
* A solid understanding of key processes in the engineering delivery cycle including Agile and DevOps, Git, APIs, Containers, Microservices and Data Pipelines.
* A solid understanding of key processes in the engineering delivery cycle including Agile, DevOps, Git, and Data Pipelines.
* Designing own processes in line with design patterns and standards
* Develop good working relationships with clients on a project. This includes presenting deliverables to clients with confidence. The role holder must have the ability to challenge clients and colleagues around delivery approach or content of deliverables.
* Manage small engagements or workstreams. This will require proactively motivating others and when required challenge & change behaviours through constructive feedback . These engagements will also include managing small teams of people, managing project risks, gather and implementing project requirements whilst balancing those with required high-quality outputs and deliverables.
* Understand basic engagement economics
* Structure and deliver high-quality pieces of work and manage against a plan. This may mean communicate status and escalate problems to client / senior team members where necessary and propose possible solutions
You will be technically competent and curious, with a passion to explore and an attitude to learn new tools.
You will have a high level of drive with the ability to work to tight deadlines and experience of providing insightful solutions.
Demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in meetings with senior stakeholders and be a team player who supports, encourages and shares knowledge with others.
What we offer you
We have a working culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent, while providing exciting opportunities and challenges to generate positive change for our clients.
Company benefits include:
* Competitive base salary
* Performance related bonus
* Hybrid home/onsite/office working - Edinburgh, Manchester & London
* 25 days annual leave (plus bank and public holidays)
* Birthday day off - celebrate with an extra holiday
* Career progress programme - guaranteed learning and development investment and your own career coach
* Life insurance
* Contributory pension
* Health and wellbeing group
* And many more.
Apply to join us in our quest to get busy living and make a difference