Job title: Communications Lead
Location: Halifax OR Edinburgh
Contract length: 6 months (potential to extend)
Our client has been serving the households, businesses, and communities of Britain for over 250 years. They offer a comprehensive range of financial products and services - including current accounts, savings, mortgages, loans, and credit cards.
The work they do in the People Value Stream, (one of the many value streams in Enterprise), touches all colleagues within the Group. They engage with all the central functions to deliver change; however, their main stakeholders are the teams that sit within People and Property. Their remit is wide and varied, working on core cyclical colleague reward propositions such as Group Performance Share, Flex and Sharesave. They also deliver, manage, and implement colleague change supporting People and Property initiatives. Whether it be core or discretionary change they are supported to deliver transformational change through their Engineering, Programme and Business Management Teams. The People Value Stream is fast paced and an exciting and unique place to work, no day is ever the same. Here they look for their people to have creativity and bring future thinking ideas to the forefront. As a team they are looking to expand further, and you would play a critical role in the shaping and delivery of their people and technology strategies.
You'll lead the communications team as well as help shape the overall strategy and build the narrative for this high-profile portfolio. Working closely with the Group Corporate Affairs team, you'll also support the wider strategic internal and external communications activity as they bring their people and key stakeholders on this journey. You'll play a central role in making sure they are joining the dots across all business areas. Working with a whole range of senior stakeholders as w ell as divisional communication teams, ensuring they are telling a clear and consistent story whilst understanding the commercially sensitive elements of the programme.
They need a self-motivated, proactive team player and someone who has an eye on the bigger picture and up for the challenge of working on a large, complex programme that will drive significant change across their business.
Desired skills and experience
* Experience of external publishing (must be published externally)
* Experience in communications planning, writing and strategy
* A strong understanding of key communications principles
* Targeted audience mapping, using insight and planning
* An ability to translate technical language and make it simple and clear
* Enthusiasm, creativity, and a can-do attitude
* A track record of brilliant stakeholder management
* Experience in complex change projects
* An understanding of emerging technologies
* An ability to craft content spanning multiple audiences, channels, and mediums
* Understanding of the role of tone, messaging, and content as a building block in the shaping and delivery of a behavioural journey
Note - if you do not hear back within 48 hours of applying, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion, however, we will have your contact information and CV on file should something more suitable come about