TEXO Recruitment are delighted to be supporting our external client, a leading oilfield equipment and technology company who specialise in completions and production optimisation services, with recruitment for a Design Engineer to be based at their office in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Purpose of the Role:
To work within a multi-discipline technical team to design, qualify and commercialise a range downhole completion technologies. As a member of a small group of specialists the primary focus is the mechanical component of new and developing systems. However, flexibility and initiative are also key elements of the role. The Design Engineer will use their expertise to develop and adapt the existing portfolio of products and assist in the creation of new concepts to meet customer requirements. The Design Engineer will be required to assist in the preparation of detail and assembly drawings as the business requires and under supervision assist in the scheduling of Draughtperson resources and in mentoring less experienced colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide innovative & unique solutions to company technical challenges
* Complete feasibility studies on conceptual solutions
* Creation of detailed manufacture/assembly drawings and performance calculation packages
* Control of Product Data Maintenance (PDM) information
* Preparation of design packages for performance of design review.
* Preparation of test procedures, reports & assistance to workshop personnel as required
* Provide support to other areas of the business in relation to technical matters
* Liaise with clients as required for any specific project requirement
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required
* A degree or similar type qualification in a technical subject or equivalent.
* Experience in the design & testing of downhole completion products.
* Demonstrate good communication skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
* Demonstrate through experience a good understanding of general engineering principles and their application
* Knowledge of downhole hydraulics
* Experience of 3D modelling software (Solidworks preferred)
* Experience in working within an operator driven R&D environment
* Oilfield experience in hands on applications
* Knowledge of parametric modelling techniques
* Is familiar with current draughting standards