Axon Moore have been exclusively retained to support a high growth business based in Lancashire in their search for a CFO. This is an excellent opportunity to join several industry leading entrepreneurs to help steer their new business adventure and their aggressive growth strategy towards a future exit. This start-up is a spin off from a very successful sister company and has a very strong foundation for the business to grow rapidly. This new hands-on CFO role will be involved in all areas of the business including commercial, operations and creating a new best in practice finance function.
The role will include:
- To bring in the full finance function by setting up the new management reporting, systems, robust controls and processes
- Managing the commercial contracts, managing cash, costings and building new cashflow models
- Liaise with the Executive team, operating board and executive leaders to present, interpret and drive action plans for data and analysis produced
- Manage working capital cycle, WIP and budgeting and forecasting
- Build relationship with banks, insurers, solicitors and other external stakeholder relations including leading investor relations for future exit
- Lead on internal and external reporting, production of monthly accounts, year-end and management information
- Have full ownership of the P&L, balance sheet and commercial projects
- To implement, maintain and design a suitable financial system for the business to grow
- Supporting the MD, the investors and other stakeholders with any financial and commercial support
- Ad hoc commercial/operational projects including analysing new projects to make key business decisions
You will be a fully qualified accountant from either a ACA, CIMA or ACCA background and ideally have been involved private equity or high growth exposure. You will need to have a solid level of accounting background, excellent commercial experience and use to a SME environment. Setting up a finance function would be beneficial.
Salary is £110k - £130k + bonus + equity
For further information or for immediate consideration then please contact Perran Cooke at Axon Moore