Mechanical Design Engineer - 6 month contract
£45-£50 per hour (Outside of IR35)
Royston - Mainly working on site
This business based south of Cambridge are at the cutting edge of Life Sciences products having build up a substantial network across the globe. They're looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
They're looking for the following skills:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related subject) from a leading university, with a thorough understanding of materials, mathematics, mechanics, structures and fluid mechanics.
- At least 8 year's experience in a product development environment.
- A passion and talent for engineering and strong, demonstrable technical problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of the product development cycle and experience of being the technical lead within multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Good understanding of Engineering Change systems and the need to adhere to their requirements
- 5 years minimum experience of using SolidWorks CAD
- Experienced in using the SolidWorks PDM Standard system
- Deep technical expertise, together with hands-on experience in the development of complex technical solutions for new products and processes.
- Engaging verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to a broad range of skills-level.
- Must have experience within instrumentation development for a life science, drug delivery or medical device business.
If the above sounds of interest please get in contact with an up to date CV.