CDS Recruitment & Training Limited are working with our client who are looking to recruit an addition Final Stage Inspector to work in their Machine Shop. This role is a shift-based position (three shift rotation) on an initial salary of £23,646.00 per annum plus shift allowances (gross £28.9k), working a 37-hour week. We are looking for an individual, preferably time served, with experience in an engineering discipline to inspect weld preps and machined components dimensionally, visually and to carry out non-destructive testing (dye penetrant). THE ROLE:
- Quality control.
- Dye penetrant inspection.
- Dimensional inspection.
- Inspect tube surface finishes using tallysurf equipment using a range of measuring equipment.
- Recording of data working to drawings/tolerances as per customer specification and maintenance of quality records.
- Operation of overhead crane.
- Liaise with outside inspectors.
- Ensuring equipment is calibrated and highlight any anomalies with equipment.
- General housekeeping.
- Working safely throughout all activities in line with company safety standards and procedures.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Time served in an engineering discipline (Preferable)
- Inspection experience in engineering.
- Ability to read/work to engineering drawings (Essential)
- ASNT Level II dye penetrant qualification (Training will be provided to the right candidate)
- An excellent understanding of quality issues.
- Overhead crane experience.
- Computer Literate.
- Good H&S and environmental awareness.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
To be considered for this role please click "Apply Now" and submit a copy of your up to date CV.