Forge ManagerCompetitive Salary + 25 days holiday, 10% matched Pension, and other benefitsPermanent OpportunityLivingston
Our client is a large and well-respected manufacturing organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced Forge Manager. They are looking for an experienced Production Manager who is has experience dealing with a variety of tasks, such as delivery, continuous improvement, safety, planning and team development.RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
To support General Manager in pursuing business objectives in terms of output, quality and cost. To manage the forge unit so that production schedules and customer needs are met whilst continually improving processes in order to achieve higher performance. To ensure that agreed customer delivery times are achieved and that customers receive a high standard of service at all times. To schedule resources in order to meet production requirements and ensure the organisation of priorities to achieve the plan. To ensure that all operations under your area of control are managed effectively. To participate, identify, develop and implement continuous improvement activities throughout the Forge Unit. To undertake any other duties specified by the General Manager to fulfil the business needs.KEY DUTIES DELIVERY PERFORMANCE
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Achievement / adherence of production plans to give 100% performance to customer (internal and external)
- Initiate actions to prevent / minimise failure.
- Ensure performance measurement systems are employed
- Take actions to eliminate customer returns.
- Ensure adherence to quality procedures.
- Maintain, achieve & improve quality standards.
- Take actions to reduce rework.
- Ensure new/modified parts are introduced successfully.
- Endorse and drive real time SPC control. SCRAP CONTROL
- Ensure that accurate data is collected.
- Take immediate actions to minimise non-conformance.
- Analyse and interpret data to identify improvement actions to reduce scrap levels.
- To develop, lead and manage team. Introduce and champion a performance improvement culture within your team.
- To be accountable for all regular management reporting needs, personally or otherwise, and ensure that the required data is complete accurate and provided in a timely manner.
- Encourage and help drive the culture of continuous improvement in terms of cost efficiency, quality and health and safety and challenge existing operation practices and systems and adopt industry best practice.
- Support the production, development and implementation of strategic plan to achieve Company objectives.
- Manufacturing management experience, including people management
- Used to working in a world class environment.
- Knowledge of modern manufacturing and logistics techniques. quality systems and continuous improvement.
- High level of financial awareness, this ideally should include budgeting and forecasting experience
- Sound PC skills in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- High level of verbal ability.
- High degree of flexibility to ensure the business meets targets
- Ideally degree qualified although this is not a prerequisite. KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Delivery performance targets
- Cost reduction targets
- Quality / process improvements
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Satisfaction
- Team Skill Development
- Health and Safety
- Business Awareness
- Developing Others
- Customer Focus
- Change Management
- Planning and Organising - Analytical Thinking
- Relationship Building