Product Manager - Cloud Security AWS - Fully Remote
Leading eCommerce technology business going through a period of major growth is now looking for a Project Manager coming from Cloud Security (ideally AWS) background to join their Cloud Security Engineering team. They are looking for a product manager to lead their product development effort. The role is fully remote, as long as you are based in a country where they have a technology centre (Poland/UK/Spain/Bulgaria)Role:
The team enable the business to operate on a global scale by providing a reliable, secure & well supported managed Cloud platform. They leverage the power of AWS and automate as much as possible. The Engineering Productivity department provides tooling and engineering practice frameworks to all software development teams to improve productivity and effectiveness.
The team is critical in providing Cloud Security Infrastructure products and services as well as daily Support on security (eg. Advisory & Consultancy) to infrastructure teams in Engineering Productivity. As Product Manager you will be working alongside development and infrastructure teams to design, deliver, automate and operate all the security aspects of our Cloud Platform which hosts our business critical applications.
This function sits within a cross functional agile team, so they are looking for candidates with a strong Product Management background and some degree of experience in Cloud Computing (especially in AWS) and/or Cyber Security. As a Product Manager, they would like you to drive the team's agenda by being able to answer the following questions
- What problem are you trying to solve?
- Who are your users?
- What defines success?
- What are your KPI's?
- What are your goals?
- Are your goals/KPI's aligned with the department goals/KPI's?Responsibilities:
- Owning and managing a portfolio of Security related products deployed on an increasing number of production environments
- Eg Cloud Conformity, AWS WAF, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Inspector, AWS Shield, AWS Firewall Manager, AWS CloudTrail, etc
- Defining and delivering of the product vision, strategy and roadmap to drive our systems and business processes forward
- Setting goals, defining MVPs, plan releases, etc required to deliver the product strategy
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate business problems/opportunities and set expectations for the delivery of new functionalities
- Maintain the team's focus on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements and schedules
- Working with other Product Managers within Engineering Productivity and wider product area to make sure activities remain aligned
- Champion, plan and drive the implementation of Security Compliance policies (eg SOC-2, PCI, etc) and kitemarks
- Solid understanding of, and previous experience in, Product Development
- Experience managing a Product Backlog, managing stakeholders, setting a Product Vision
- Strong affinity with technology, ideally but not exclusively associated with Cloud Computing (ideally AWS) and Security.
- Experience of value-driven prioritisation techniques and of being able to clearly explain the thinking behind prioritisation decisions
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Experience in building Cyber Security related products
- Experience building Cyber Security roadmap
- Previous hands-on experience as a software engineer, or equivalent technical role