1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant job Your new School
Located in Walsall, with ample parking available at the school and multiple public transport options being available within a few minutes walk of the school.This Ofsted rating 'Good' Primary school work exceptionally hard and provide great care for their pupils while maintaining high levels of education. The schools boasts a strong leadership team and staff that all have the same vision and aim. This is a school where staff and pupils are excited about coming into school and feel valued.Your new role
Your role will require you to work in collaboration with the teacher to support the pupil you will be assigned to. There will be adequate support from the leadership team and your assigned contact at the school. As a teacher, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Working collaboratively with the leadership team and teacher to promote consistent development
- Working closely with the pupil to ensure the pupil is fully equipped with the knowledge required to meet the learning targets that have been set
- Taking all reasonable steps to maintain good order and discipline among pupils and safeguarding their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
What you'll need to succeedThis position is available to start immediately and it is essential that you are available throughout the placement to ensure consistent learning and to avoid disruptions to learning. The school have stated that for a teacher to thrive in this role they will need a strong, patient and nurturing approach. Be proactive and have re-engagement techniques. A positive and dedicated approach to teaching is vital for this role along with creative approaches to teaching. A team work approach is also essential to ensure effective communication and consultation between the staff and pupils For this role you will need to complete our compliance process; a positive and prompt approach to this is essential to ensure processed in time for the proposed start date. You will need:
- liaising with teacher and parents to discuss progress.
- Access to right to work document, identification, proof of address
- Enhanced child DBS, preferably on the Update Service
- References covering the last 2 years minimum
Access to certificates and QTS reference numberWhat you'll get in return
- Bachelor of Education or PGCE and QTS
- Confident in teaching the UK Curriculum
Successful applicants will work directly with an expert recruitment consultant throughout the on-boarding process; working with a specially trained consultant means you will be smoothly on-boarded and in to the position at the earliest opportunity.Your consultant will remain your direct point of contact throughout your Hays career, whether in this role or after. You will have access to a host of training and up-skilling courses through our industry leading training platform.As this is a long-term position, you will have Access to our advanced timesheets and payroll team; who will work quickly and proactively to ensure you are paid correctly and on time. Competitive daily rate which can be discussed in detail through the on-boarding process. Holiday Pay Access to our Hays HubWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.