A fantastic opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join a friendly, multidisciplinary therapy team. In this unique role, you will benefit from fully funded training and developmentopportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge, working 1 to 1 to provide specialist, direct and indirect therapy for autistic children.
Salary: £23,774 - £42,477 (NHS Band 5-7 pro rata) (Dependant on experience). You will also receive a £2,500 bonus
Contract terms: 34.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 09:00am - 4:30pm (Tuesdays till 5:30pm). PART TIME MAY ALSO BE CONSIDERED
Annual Leave: 44 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
Role summaryBased in a school you will work closely with other therapists and teachers to provide specialist direct and indirect therapy for autistic children and young adults. Your work will include addressing receptive and expressive language, attention and listening difficulties, as well as difficulties with social interaction, communication and functional life skills.
You will make a difference by:
- Supporting and developing pupils' ability to attend to people and develop their receptive and expressive communication skills
- Helping support a total communication environment to include the use of visuals and modified language use
- Making recommendations and adaptations to the pupil's environment to support total communication
- Supporting pupils to develop appropriate social interaction skills with adults and peers
- Helping to develop functional language skills and independence
We offer our Speech and Language Therapists:
- £2,500 bonus upon joining
- The chance to work in a friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity of working 1 to 1 with pupils within small sized classes
- Training in behaviour analysis
- Registered Behaviour Technician qualification
- Funded membership of relevant specialist interest group/clinical excellence network
- Ongoing clinical supervision
- Relevant training and CPD
If interested in this role please Contact David at Piers Meadows Recruitment.