This role is on a continuous night shift (10pm to 10am), 3 days on, 3days off with a very generous shift allowance.
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 70,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.About the role
BD Swindon site, Wiltshire is looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician to provide Mechanical and Electrical support on hi-tech automated assembly lines, 50+ injection moulding machines (made by Engel, Fanuc, Krauss Maffei...); robotics; pneumatic/ hydraulic systems and ancillaries.
You will be working on the latest equipment that will give you the opportunity to learn all about interesting and complex machinery. You will be modifying PLC programs: Siemens S7 and Allen Bradley.
You will be working in clean-rooms and controlled areas while adhering to GMP standards. You will undertake scheduled Preventative Maintenance activities and record these with the use of SAP to ensure the control of spare components and process history.Your key responsibilities will include:
- repairing faults as the first port of call for machine breakdowns
- providing technical support to achieve production output standards
- plan and execute pro-active preventative maintenance programs to minimise downtime
- work from mechanical, schematics drawings to assist with fault finding
- advise on technical issues, liaising with engineers and the production team as well as supporting Continuous Improvement activities
- monitor machine performance
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3 years' experience as a Maintenance Technician within the medical devices, T1 automotive, food & beverage, automation, industrial engineering or general manufacturing industry and have good experience working on injection moulding machines.
The successful candidate will undergo skills training to acquire certifications such as cGMP and enable you to work in a cleanroom.Your technical Qualifications and Skills:
The Suitable candidates should reach qualifications below....
Why join us?
- Electrical or mechanical engineering such as C&G, ONC
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship - In Engineering Manufacture (Engineering Maintenance) 2018
- Level 3 NVQ Maintenance Engineering
- Qualified to 18th Edition level or equivalent, with a good knowledge of fault finding and repair in electrical and mechanical.
- Experience in PLCs, pneumatic and hydraulic systems as well as robotics.
- IT literate and able to navigate systems easily.
- Organised and self-motivated with a safety awareness of electrical, compressed air and pressurized systems.
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components - is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, or any other protected status.Primary Work Location
GBR Swindon - DorcanWork Shift
GB-Con-SWI Green 22-10-Shift B type (United Kingdom)