Established eCommerce technology company is looking for an experienced Solution Architect with SaaS experience to work within their supply chain solutions function.Role:
As a Solution Architect you will analyse business and technical requirements, and will be adept at designing solutions that are fit for purpose for the business, whilst also fitting the company's architecture landscape by complying with enterprise architecture principles, standards and group policies.
Day-to-day, you will:
Skills & Experience:
- Develop end-to-end designs that:- Align to thier business strategy and roadmaps.- Meet business functional and nonfunctional requirements.- Ensure solutions are designed for optimum scalability, maintainability, performance, security and operability.
- Solution Lead through the end to end delivery of a project ensuring the implementation complies with the design, and assist in the delivery across the whole project lifecycle.
- Ensure the implemented solution meets the design, managing any design changes due to constraints or assumptions that impact the end to end solution and potential business impact.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the solution meets the requirements and policies of all internal stakeholders. You'll develop ways of working and best practice to ensure alignment and consistency, and you'll be a trusted advisor to the business.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect to define and implement our technical standards for both internal and external solutions.
- Chair our architecture governance forum called the Technical Design Authority to ensure solutions adhere to our internal architectural, security and quality standards.
- Perform architecture analysis to assess solution options, communicate the benefits, impacts, risks and costs of these options to Business and IT stakeholders and make recommendations based on the business requirements, benefits and technical environment.
- Significant Solution Architecture experience, specifically of designing solutions in a cloud first environment (SaaS).
- Specific experience in designing solutions for Supply Chain systems.
- Knowledge of integration technologies and patterns (awareness of Gregor Hohpe), and experience of integrating distributed applications.
- Experience of leading architecture design authorities, writing high level design documents for the delivery of the end to end solution, and the ability to understand and challenge designs.
- Strong problem solving, stakeholder management, and written and verbal communication skills. Ability to deliver presentations to a range of different stakeholder audiences (Business and IT) ensuring this is tailored to the audience.
- Demonstrable experience of architecting, designing and delivering transformational IT projects.
- Experience of working with third party SMEs (Solution Architects, Technical Architects).
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF).
- Modelling notation such as Archimate or UML.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and architecture such as AWS, GCP and Azure.
- Experience of data warehousing, data lake (Google Big Query) architecture.
- Experience of RPA.