Here at N Brown, we are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our team.About the Role
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will lead the design, development, maintenance and deployment of complex, testable, maintainable solutions using agile developments methods and tools, automated where appropriate. In your role as Engineer, you will ensure all incidents and problems are resolved in a timely fashion and communication with stakeholders is maintained. You will own a continuous improvement backlog for the platform and/or MI solutions, including best practice and use of tools as well as identifying the skilled resources needed for specific solutions and how demand will be met within existing capacity.Responsibilities as Lead Data Engineer
About N Brown
- Designing, building, operationalising, securing, and monitoring pipelines and stores
- Developing models and diagrams to represent and communicate requirements and assets.
- Specifying, designing, and maintaining mechanisms for storing and accessing data
- Installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, and improving the performance
- Programming/software development- developing software components to deliver value to stakeholders
- Systems and software life cycle engineering- establishing and deploying an environment for developing, continually improving, and securely operating software and systems products and services.
- Performance management- improving organisational performance by developing the performance of individuals and work-groups to meet agreed objectives with measurable results.
- Technical Skills.
- Agile development methodologies
- Application life-cycle management: Jira, Confluence
- Source control: Git, GitLab
- Warehouses, lakes: concepts, products e.g., Teradata, AWS, etc
- Management - SQL Queries, DDL/DML
- Scripting languages, e.g., Python, Shell script, Perl, etc
- Data Transformation e.g., XSLT
- File and formats, e.g., JSON, XML, Parquet, Avro, CSV, Fixed Width
- M.I tools, e.g., PowerBI, Business Objects, Qlik, Excel, etc.
- AWS services, e.g., S3, IAM, Cloudwatch, Glue, Athena, Lambda and Kinesis etc.
- Data orchestration platforms, e.g., Airflow.
Working here you'll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer - asking questions, trying new things, and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you've got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It's fast and furious here at times, but this just meanssomething new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career, and our customers' lives.To apply for this role as Lead Data Engineer at N Brown, please click apply online and complete the full application process.