Optimum Recruitment Group is currently working exclusively with a well established and growing business based in Harrogate, who are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis to join the team.
The purpose of the role is to take full end to end responsibility for the purchase ledger (which will be approximately 80% of the role) along with other accounts assistant duties. The role would suit an experienced accounts clerk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- To accurately and efficiently process invoices into the accounting software.
- To accurately match, batch and code invoices.
- To seek authorisation for invoices processed in accordance with agreed authorisation levels.
- To process payment runs which would include supporting the prioritisation of payments to help manage cash-flow, service needs and payment terms.
- To identify those invoices which are exceptional or need escalating for payment or authorisation.
- Purchase Ledger query handling - communicating with suppliers and operational management as required.
- Carry out statement and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain the company cashbooks.
- To assist in month end duties, including accruals, prepayments and collection of information.
- Be numerate with excellent attention to detail and be used to working within a purchase ledger processing role.
- Be a team player, self motivated, organised and methodical.
- Have outstanding communication skills.
Salary between £23,000 - £26,000 plus benefits depending on skills and experience.