General Accountant Salary: Up to £47k Office Based Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides functional support, direction, coaching and development to the accounting department• Own site internal control initiatives including quarterly internal control reviews with FMC-I management,audit preparation and coordinating implementation of all site control recommendations, additional year end and quarter-close procedures as necessary.• Ensure that there is adequate documentation, process flows and support for SOX 404 compliance.• Own monthly and quarter-end closing. Including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, financial statements, and monthly reporting• Annual completion of statutory book, tax filings and external audit for entities • Oversight of all transactional accounting for the site including invoicing, accounts payable, banking, andpayroll.• Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT tax returns.• Manage outsourced finance partners including banks, credit card, payroll and company pensions schemes.• Responsible for fixed asset management of site assets and capital projects• Responsible for inventory valuation including monitoring of overhead rates, monthly product costing, andoversight of annual inventory count.• Support Industrial Leadership with business analysis including but not limited to: weekly, monthlyand quarterly forecast performance including growth and/or recovery initiatives. Providing data andsupport for peak performance and profit improvement initiatives.• Acts as financial consultant to site and functional areas regarding financial issues.• Assist with driving process excellence throughout the organization.Required Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required• Fully qualified UK Accountant; preferred.Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Minimum of five years of accounting experience• Minimum of three years of managerial experience• Experience in a mid to large size, publicly held, manufacturing company (or division thereof). Experienceat a 'Big 4' or 'Tier 2" accounting firm preferred.• Experience in an ERP environment with standard cost and an understanding of inventory movements.• Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and experience in a SOX environment is required.• Understanding of lean principles and techniques preferred.• Persuasive leadership skills and superb technical accounting skills to coach, guide and motivate theaccounting team as a valued resource to the organization.• Strong competencies in emotional intelligence, leadership, continuous improvement, and businessacumen.• Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and lasting results.Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement is an advantage.• Impeccable integrity; superior interpersonal skillsCore Competencies:
• Instill Trust• Manages Ambiguity• Optimizes Work Processes• Collaborates• Communicates Effectively• LeadershipBenefits:
If you have the above experience and would like to apply for this role then please APPLY NOW!!!!
- On-site parking
- 3% employer, 5% employee People's pension
- Bonus scheme of 12.5%, maximum payout is 25%
- Private medical healthcare
- Working hours are 9am to 5pm
- 23days Holiday allowance, with 3 of those days reserved for Xmas break.