Taylor Hawkes are working with a medium sized accountancy practice based in Guildford who are looking for a friendly, motivated and professional individual with a solid background to join their growing team on a full time basis.
The role of the Accounts Semi-Senior is to be responsible for preparing the accounts for all types of businesses, bookkeeping, preparation of VAT returns and management accounts for a selection of clients.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years' practice experience working within an accountancy practice and have experience dealing with multiple clients. The applicant can be qualified by experience or looking to progress with an existing accountancy qualification as study support will be provided.Responsibility:
- Preparation of statutory accounts from primary records through to the finished versions, including reconciling control accounts such as trade debtors and trade creditors; calculating and posting entries for depreciation and amortisation, identification and calculation of accrued and prepaid expenses; preparation of the profit and loss schedules;
- Liaising with the client to ensure queries are resolved before anything is passed to manager or directly to partner;
- Providing financial information by preparing basic sets of management accounts and rental property accounts;
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and bookkeeping tasks, including analysis of client's books and records, entry into an Excel spreadsheet or into Sage Line 50 and calculation of the liability or repayment;
- Maintenance of company secretarial records including preparation and filing of Annual returns. Appointment and Resignation of company officers and other ad hoc items such as changes in share capital and financial year ends;
- Carrying out and assisting on audits and special purpose work;
- Responsibility for ensuring that each assignment is completed in an efficient and effective manner, that clients receive a quality service in all aspects and that all deadlines are met;
For more information please contact Taylor Hawkes.
- A working knowledge of UK GAAP and UK tax legislation;
- Fluent English speaker and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Currently studying for either the ACCA, ACA or a similar qualification;
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 including posting bank, sales and purchase transactions and processing journal adjustments;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent numeracy skills and accurate data entry;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and to tight deadlines;
- Confident and polite telephone manner;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;