Finance Officer / Accounts Assistant / Accounts payable officer / Accounts Payable:
Reed Accountancy is working with the leading supplier of a hospitality & branded tableware manufacturer to secure an Accounts Payable Professional. The ideal candidate will be confident, have a can-do attitude, a keen eye for detail and can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
This is a fully on-site role
, and no hybrid work is offered so please do not apply if you can not be in office 5 days a week.
The role is based in Chesterfield, S41, with excellent transport links and free onsite parking.
8:30 - 5:00pm, 37.5 hours a week.
Competitive salary range between £25,000 - £28,000.
23 days holiday plus bank holidays (28 days holiday).
Company matched pension scheme.
Sale days on company stock.
You will be working in the friendly and supportive finance department of 3 people and closely with the company accountant to improve the process of all purchases and payments the company makes.
This is varied job role and is an excellent opportunity for CV building, offering progression and wider opportunities.THE ROLE:
- Managing and tracking deposits and advance payments
- Annual processing of purchase invoices and debit notes on accounting systems (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Processing payments to suppliers and staff and donor expenses
- Post bank transactions for 3 different bank accounts including foreign currency accounts
- Review the ledger quarterly and resolve any outstanding issues
- Monthly GRNI reconciliation and liaise with the purchasing department to resolve any issues
- Post stock invoices ad match to GIW
- Review Expenses claims and extract the VAT element where necessary
- Raise and manage claims with our stock suppliers
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Other general duties that are expected of the candidate: filing, resolve email and telephone queries, health & safety etc.
- This is a fast-paced role and confidence is required to deal with high volume PL / physical product with a minimum of 2 years' experience in the finance department
- Experience with imports & shipping is desirable but not essential
- Proactive with the ability to work with the minimum level of supervision
- Confidence to liaise with people at all levels
- Excellent IT skills - data-based systems and Microsoft Office
- Flexible to do other duties that are not necessarily on their job description
- Specifications: attention to detail, adaptability, strong drive, challenge.