The Service Desk Manager will lead, develop and motivate Level 1 and Level 2 Service Desk Analysts, ensuring they receive the necessary feedback and guidance to improve productivity and quality of service.
This company recognises how important the IT team is and the vital part it plays in achieving business goals. They are 2 years into a 5-year strategy and are paying close attention to environmental and social factors making sure the service benefits their local communities and supports all employees to thrive today and tomorrow.
It's an exciting time to be a part of the company as they move towards becoming modern mutual giving all employees the benefits of flexible working.
The job is challenging but rewarding, you'll be expected to do the following: -
- Manage the proactive, effective and efficient day to day operation of the IT Service Desk.
- Implement policies, procedures and directives that drive the overall vision of the Service Desk Team.
- Deliver effective communication and set clear expectations of the team, cascading departmental and team objectives that support the overall vision of the company.
- Monitors, the performance of the department against KPIs and takes action when required to include (2nd Level) discipline issues.
- Oversee IT service desk including IT infrastructure, communication (LAN, WAN), backup and recovery.
- Ensure high availability of critical business systems, meeting operational resilience requirements in line with policy and regulation.
- Ensure security of the network, systems and data is maintained.
This role can be the launch of your career with opportunities to move into Service Delivery and IT management. We are looking for the Service Desk Manager to play a key role in the success of the IT function.
The job comes with a starting salary of approx. £40,000.00 per annum and the following benefits - Private Healthcare, Critical Illness Cover, Dental Insurance, 10% Employer Pension contribution and 14 hours of volunteer leave to give to your community.Experience needed
Nice to Have
- Proven experience in running a service desk
- Experience in working within a technical Service Desk environment including first-time resolution
- Experience in resolving technical issues (hardware/desktop/mobile devices or software)
- Experience in using Microsoft packages such as Microsoft Office (365), Windows 7 and 10
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload without supervision
- Ability to document processes and procedures in a clear, concise and logical manner
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous financial services experience
For immediate consideration please send your CV in today.