Are you an ambitious qualified accountant working in a practice environment, with an interest in the rural sector? Are you looking for a new challenge, and a chance to grow your own department?
If you are, then we have the ideal role for you as the Head of Rural & Agriculture. You can join a talented group of individuals, take charge of your own department, and develop the sector all whilst offering a range of services to our Rural and Agricultural clients. What is in it for you?
We recognise that our people are essential to deliver on our purpose of 'Helping you prosper' whether you are a client, a member of our team, or part of our wider community. We want you to be challenged, have fun in the work place, work with like-minded individuals, and deliver great services. In return we will give you:
What does the job entail?
- Flexible-working hours
- Hybrid working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Professional subscriptions paid
- Loads of social events
- Wellbeing programme
- Access to private medical insurance
- Great team mates
You have heard about some of the benefits of joining our client, so let's tell you a bit about what you'll be up to on a daily basis:
What about you?
- You will be running the department, working with the supervisors and accounts staff to deliver a high quality service to our clients
- You will be responsible for developing the department both in terms of current clients and bringing in new clients
- You will build relationships with the clients and team so that you are the "go-to" person delivering highly professional and compliant accounts as well as tax services, advising clients on areas such as APR, BPR and IHT Planning.
- Your clients will include LLP's as well as Limited companies, and will want advice on sales, CGT issues, ER and incorporation.
- You will be supported by our existing partners, who will support you in delivering specialist tax services to your clients and be there as a sounding board for you.
- You will be developing the team and be a role model.
- You will also be identifying and delivering added value services to the clients to help them prosper.
Are you up for a challenge? The department has growth ambitions and needs someone to make them happen - are you ready to join us on this journey?
- You must have a least 3 years' post qualified experience of working in a medium sized practice working with SME's. If you have agricultural or rural experience that would be great, but is not essential - however an interest in this sector is important.
- You'll be ACA or ACCA qualified
- You'll have significant managerial experience
- You'll have determination and drive as well as a flexible in your approach to work
- You'll love developing relationships
- You'll have a pro-active approach to tasks whether they are big or small
- You'll be self-motivated, and an ambitious individual
- You're excited to immerse yourself in our culture and business.
Excellent benefits package and flexible working available, and a real chance to make this role your own