This is wide-ranging general commercial role with a B2B Energy Business which if backed/funded by an institutional investor. Suitable for a 2 - 7 year PQE general commercial Solicitor - Energy experience will be looked upon favourably. Client Details
Our Client is a B2B Energy Business which if backed/funded by an institutional investor.Description
Responsibilities with this role include:
- Providing legal advice and assistance to all areas of the business including: drafting, review and negotiation of customer contracts, supplier contracts, agency agreements and other agreements material to the business;
- Development and implementation of new product offerings, including new contractual terms; customer queries and contractual disputes; new corporate business proposals/ventures.
- Legal compliance in relation to all activities of the business e.g. data protection
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of high value commercial contracts including OJEU tendered contracts
- Advising in relation to customer service issues (including complaints) and other general legal issues
- Support the continuous improvement of standard terms and conditions and legal processes
- Any other reasonable duties as defined by management
The successful candidate will be a UK or Common Law qualified Solicitor or Barrister
They will be likely to have between 2 and 6 years PQE and a good understanding of commercial legal matters (please note, applications at all levels will be considered but the work, package on offer and team structure are most likely to suit a lawyer at this level).
They will have a strong commercial awareness, a pragmatic outlook and have excellent commercial contract and analytical skills and the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
It is key that the successful has a keen interest in working within the retail energy sector.
Desired but not essential:
- In house experience
- Energy retail experience
For more information about the package on offer for this role, please apply or, contact the instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal for a conversation in confidence.