Concept Resourcing is delighted to be working with a growing organisation as they look to recruit an experienced IT Buyer to join their busy team. This role will work on a Hybrid basis which includes 1 day per week in their Coventry Head Office.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be part of the Procurement team and this role will support the sourcing management workload for IT. Managing contracts, transformation projects and refreshes as required by the wider business units.
Reporting to the Procurement Category Manager, you will take responsibility for the following:
- Engagement of stakeholders both internally and externally
- Utilise SAP reporting to make decisions that benefit the organisation
- Executing sourcing strategies for contracts up to an agreed value
- Profiling supply chain through supplier research and market trends to assess future contract risks and opportunities
- Driving value by effectively delivering tender events for services, works and projects
- Contract management as required
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with sourcing and contract management frameworks
- Building and maintaining effective supplier relationships
- Resolving contract performance issues and putting in place plans to resolve
- Monitoring supplier service level and cost performance through KPIs
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or studying towards this
- Evidence of previous IT procurement experience is essential for this role.
- Experience of sourcing and other procurement activities relevant to the IT marketplace
- Contract management experience
- Understanding of cost management and commercial principles
- Experience in leading supplier meetings
- Analysing and presenting data to inform sourcing / contract decisions
- Experience in supporting process improvements to improve the customer experience
- Experience in leading negotiations with suppliers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills