A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Assistant Store Manager to join us at an exciting time when Octavia's retail operations matter more than ever. This is a full time permanent position working within our Ealing store which is instrumental in providing a sustainable source of income to support Octavia's vital work in the community. We need motivated, passionate and forward-thinking people to join this team and be part of our ambitious growth plans.Responsibilities
As Assistant Store Manager, you will be supporting the Manager in delivering the highest quality of customer service to our clients and fantastic doners within the Ealing store. As well as supporting in areas such as increasing sales, stock management and training, you will be stepping up as Store Manager on a weekly basis, so this is a great opportunity for those seeking a new challenge. On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Store Manager in day to day running of the store
- Displaying donated stock in a visually appealing manner to create a high end store feel and help maximise sales
- Helping to achieve agreed sales targets
- Selecting and pricing items appropriately
- Working with the manager to recruit, train and motivate a team of volunteers
- Stepping up as Store Manager when required, attending meetings and taking on necessary management duties
- Managing the Gift Aid processes
- Ensuing accurate cashing up is completed daily, completing weekly returns and dispatch documents
- Being a key holder
We are looking for shop assistants with excellent customer service skills and experience in the above areas. Ideally your background will be within charity retail and you will have an understanding of the challenges within this sector for example, sourcing volunteers and donations, managing stock, visual merchandising and gift aid. We will consider individuals looking for that next step in their career.Benefits
On offer is a base salary of £21,737 per year plus fantastic benefits including up to 10% pension contributions and the opportunity to work in a supportive and collaborative team.Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.