A brand new Senior Scrum Master role is now live with this growing Insurance firm. This exciting position is a key delivery role that will lead and facilitate the implementation of a Global Claims Reinsurance system. The Senior Scrum Master will work with the internal team and vendor to develop and deliver a new system and associated changes to business processes. Working with Global and Regional, Claims & Reinsurance Subject Matter Experts, as well as Change Management and Digital Transformation individuals to deliver the solution. This global insurance firm are progressively implementing Agile practices and seek to recruit a Senior Scrum Master to support the above initiative and support the delivery team, ensuring business needs are understood and met.Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Work with a vendor to ensure delivery of a Global Claims Reinsurance system which meet internal stakeholder requirements.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure the relevant stakeholders are aligned with the vision, delivery, and progress of delivery
- Work with the team to run a proposal evaluation process, working with a 3rd party solution provider
- Support the removal of blockers/impediments in the delivery of outcomes, including collaboration with teams outside of delivery teams, include dependent infrastructure and security team
- Ensure change management components are part of the delivery in addition to the product and business change delivery
- Support the team in ensuring risk and dependency management is used is integrated as a component of the ongoing and successful delivery of the sprints
- Support team in the facilitation of the sessions that take the team from goals to story creation and implementation.
- Use retrospectives and other Lean-Agile techniques to implement small changes that lead to demonstrable improvement for the team
- Guide and coach the team on how to use Agile/Scrum values and practices to delight customers and achieve business outcomes
- Understand the importance of establishing trust and the need to remain neutral when facilitating
- Assess the Agile/Scrum maturity of the team and help identify areas where coaching may be needed to foster improvement
- Work with technical teams on the integration of external source data through implementation of APIs
- Enable close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions
- Seek to understand the current mindset and practices and how that aligns or deviates from the desired change
- Help the team internalise fundamentals of relevant Agile values, principles, and practices (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Coach individuals and the team on mindset and behaviour with an emphasis on helping them understand "why" agile works, not just "how" it works
- A focus on continuous improvement as a way of helping the team and organisation to achieve their goals
- Extensive experience in acting as a Senior Scrum Master/Agile Delivery Lead or Agile Project Manager within a team
- Knowledge/training equivalent to beginner/1st level certification from a reputable Lean-Agile organisation (PSK I, PSM I, CSM, etc.) a plus
- Experience of working with delivery teams aligned to agile ways of working and creation of business value through business and technical change initiatives.
- Experience in the delivery of Claims and/or Reinsurance solutions is preferable.
- Insurance knowledge is highly preferable preferred but not essential, would be keen to meet anyone from a financial services background
- Strong problem solver with ability to work with a team to maximise progress, potential and overall effectiveness.
- A lifetime learner who is dedicated to relentless improvement of themselves and their teams, eager to face challenges in service of them.
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.