Mundipharma is a global (ex-US) network of independent associated companies that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines and consumer healthcare products. We are an agile and fast-paced company seeking to increase access to health care through programmes and effective partnerships.
We are forward-looking and dedicated to bringing innovative treatments to many of the world's most challenging conditions and diseases including: Pain Management & Supportive Care, Consumer Health, Anti-Infectives, Biosimilars, CNS, Diabetes, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Respiratory and transplantation immunity.
We make a difference to patient lives by delivering value to healthcare professionals in 120+ countries across Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
Our guiding principles, centred around Integrity and Patient-Centricity, are at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our people to think differently and our inclusive culture of continuous learning and collaboration make Mundipharma a great place to work.Job Description
The Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) will be formed from the Transformation of the Finance teams throughout Cambridge. The main purpose is to provide clear direction and focus and a single hub for all accounting activities in the UK. With a focus on the processes, a desire to leverage improvements across the Finance team. The ability to harmonise systems and processes and a desire to provide career development frameworks for the R2R (Record to Report) team.
The Assistant Accountant will be part of the Financial Accounting team in the FSSC that report to the Finance Manager (R2R) in delivering all financial and statutory accounting and reporting, financial control, tax and regulatory compliance across all IACs within the remit of the FSSC.
- Support the Financial Accountants in the timely and accurate production of all financial and statutory accounting, reporting, tax, and compliance requirements.
- Support the Financial Accountants to deliver R2R (Record to Report) activities efficiently and effectively to meet the agreed SLA's and KPI's.
- Work alongside the Financial Accountants to develop and report Key Performance Indicators on SLAs with a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers.
- Posting of all appropriate journal entries e.g., payroll, accruals and prepayments, fixed asset, and depreciation etc.
- Completing all accounting and reporting requirements during the monthly/quarterly/annual close periods and ensure completeness of all financial, statutory and group accounting and reporting whilst ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards and relevant regulations.
- Assist in controlling operational planning by setting priorities and contents in close consultation with the responsible managers across the divisions.
- Timely and accurate account reconciliations of Balance Sheet control accounts supporting the financial accounting process and overall Balance Sheet management
- Work closely with the FSSC AP and AR teams to ensure accurate P&L and Balance Sheet reporting.
- Support the Budget and Forecasting process as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager, R2R and/or the Financial Accountants.
- Compiling and providing financial analysis and variance analysis as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager R2R and/or Financial Accountants.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
- Improve internal control environment to monitor transaction risk and financial exposure more efficiently.
- Completion of R2R Standard Operating Procedure manuals to ensure they reflect the most up-to-date processes and controls.
- Support & participate in any required testing or design activities as part of IT software upgrades or changes on behalf / alongside FSSC users.
- Actively promote the sharing of innovative ideas and best practice across all areas
- Build and maintain relationships with the IACs and their respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned Finance business processes.
- Act as a point of escalation for Finance business leaders and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Support any ad hoc projects or tasks as agreed by the Finance Manager or Head of R2R. As well as supporting activities when cover is required.
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Recognized Accountancy Qualification or Part Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience working within a shared service environment.
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure.
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills.
- Commitment and flexibility, poise, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts.
- Ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations.
- Previous experience working as part of a R2R team within a shared service center for Finance either in the UK or Europe preferred
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
- Proven track record of driving innovation and leading on organisational changes.
- European languages would be highly preferred