Cloud Infrastructure Engineer needed. Stoke-On-Trent. Office based role. UK Security Cleared Cloud Technology (Azure)
This Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will play a key role in the support of a variety of innovative, accreditable, cost efficient and profitable solutions which comply with HMG's security classification system. These solutions are operated at the company's premises in Stoke on Trent and are the foundation for the Company's secure managed ICT services to MoD and other public sector customers.
For this role you will have to be eligible and wanting to achieve SC clearance with a view to uplift to DV clearance. Due to the nature of the role and the projects you will be working on SC clearance is required as a minimum. The client will put successful candidates through the vetting process to achieve clearance.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will contribute towards the development of the cloud framework and will be responsible for the continued management and support of Azure platforms and other cloud platforms within operations. Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the running of the cloud hosting platform, ensuring best practice is implemented. You will consult with the business leads to understand the business requirements and needs, translating these into technical solutions which ensure the service area continues to enable the business to achieve its targets and objectives.
An understanding of Technical Concepts:
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Virtual Machines, VNets, Virtual Gateways and VPN, App Services, Storage Accounts, Backup Vault and Recovery Services, Azure SQL, Azure Functions
- AWS Knowledge (Desirable)
- Observability: monitoring, performance metrics, logging, and automated response.
- Product Lifecycle: development, UAT, production, EOL
- Familiarity with product licensing: Microsoft, O365, and Azure
- Configuration management, IAAC
- Microsoft 365 platform admin
- Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, PowerBi
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Intune
- PowerShell (.NET languages beneficial)
- Azure Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Nutanix - Knowledge of Nutanix would be beneficial but not a requirement
- Patch Management: WSUS, Azure Update Domains, Intune Update Rings
- Server monitoring and performance metrics
- Azure, Microsoft 365, or Windows Server certification highly desirable
- Ability to establish and develop a new role as part of a small team within a rapidly evolving organisation
- Ability to work autonomously under your own initiative
- Proven track-record in delivering and supporting technology projects
- A commitment to continually developing technical skills
- Initiative and pro-activity, matched by an ability to be a strong member of a team
- Experience of managed service environments, with knowledge of ITIL best practice
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written skills to support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and process documents.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Have or be able to obtain the appropriate security clearance