Siamo are working with a long-standing partner, that are looking to add a Risk and Compliance Manager to their award wining business, you will be based out of their stunning, modern office that is an easy commute from Swindon, Cirencester and Stroud.
As a Risk and Compliance Manager, you will be integral to the business success, working closely with the Director and Head of Risk & Compliance, you will be on the front line, providing effective management of Risk and ensuring the compliance with legal governing obligations.
This is a great opportunity to join a business that provides a clear progression plan, that can take your career further both professionally and proving you with that all import work like balance.
The benefits of this opportunity:
· Salary: up to £55,000 DOE
· Pension: Currently 10% non-contributory
· Holiday: 25 days, plus public holidays
· Core Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm with one hour for lunch - 36.25 hours per week.
· Death in Service cover of 4 x base salary
· Corporate Eye Care Package
· Private Health Cover
· 2 days paid leave per year to carry out charity work
· Dress Down Friday
Your Duties and Responsibilities as a Risk and Compliance Manager
· Supporting the Head of Risk in keeping the risk register up to date and generating MI.
· Performing Compliance Monitoring reviews.
· Assisting the Data Protection and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
· Performing Risk Monitoring reviews.
· Demonstrating the ability to interpret rules and regulations and apply them effectively as appropriate
· Serving as a point of reference in relation to all matters of risk and compliance, ensuring that enquiries are dealt with or escalated.
· Supporting the Head of Risk in the continuous improvement of the Risk Management Framework
· Responsible for providing 2nd line support on incidents reported by the business, ensuring the root cause of the incident has been identified and the business is offered guidance and support in reducing the risk of recurrence.
· Ensure the compliance is maintained with existing and emerging regulatory rules and guidelines.
· Generation of MI in relation to reported and resolved incidents and breaches.
· Responsible for the three lines of defence, via delivery of awareness training and providing Risk & Compliance Advice as required.
· Developing an in depth understanding of the products and risk exposures
· Maintaining personal CPD as required for the role
The ideal candidate experience would include
· Knowledge of working in a similar role within the insurance sector
· Experience of incident management processes and root cause analysis
· Experience of income protection products and data protection rules
· Knowledge of Risk Management within the financial services arena
· Experience of risk/ compliance monitoring with a proven track record of raising value-added findings, agreeing management action plans and following up actions until completion.
· Knowledge of regulations and current legislation within the financial services arena
· Ability to make a clear and persuasive presentation of ideas or facts both verbally and in writing
· Risk CPD gained within the Financial Services industry
· Compliance CPD gained within the Financial Services industry
· Experience of supporting the preparation and delivery of effective training at appropriate levels