To build, fabricate, and troubleshoot our clients prototype components and assemblies for their classic vehicles. This role lies at the heart of their development program and requires a skilled hand, mind, and eye to ensure that every component on the prototypes is built to a high standard and ready to endure rigorous testing. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with prototype build manager to ensure vehicles are built to high standards regarding robustness, clearances, and safety.
- Fabricate components as necessary to assist in build program. This includes sheet metal work, welding, light machining and wiring.
- Work with engineers and build manager to develop and enforce standard build practices such as build books, proper torque specifications, clearance requirements, etc.
- Ensure proper flow of communication and documentation during build, including schedules, faults, and necessary design changes.
- Maintain and specify changes/upgrades to prototype build area including tooling, storage, safety equipment.
- Perform risk assessments of relevant activities around prototype vehicles.
- Demonstrated excellence in prototype vehicle build environment.
- Creative, lateral thinking to find both temporary and permanent solutions.
- Examples of working to high standards in build process including documentation, build checks, signoffs, etc.
- Ability to communicate succinctly and clearly about needs and issues.
- Hands-on experience either in professional or personal environments (Personal projects, working with factory floor, etc).
- Experience working in small, collaborative environments.
- Ability to create and maintain their own momentum in workplace.
- Evidence of lateral thinking in agile environments.
- Good attitude and optimistic towards future.
- Strong work ethic and genuine humility.
- 5+ years automotive prototype experience
- Some form of high voltage training
- Automotive background
- 10+ years prototype vehicle experience
- Hands-on experience with EV / PHEV vehicles
- Advanced high voltage training
- Experience with vehicle restoration