Opportunity for a senior buyer (raw materials) to develop their career with a large recycling group.
You would be joining the business at an exciting time as they are currently going through a period of expansion. The raw materials buyer will play a vital role in negotiating raw material purchases. Due to the niche nature of the position, extensive training will be provided.
Working out of an expanding department, the senior buyer will typically be office based 2/3 days per week and out visiting suppliers 2/3 days.
To apply for the senior buyer (raw materials) position, you will need: -
- Buying and sourcing of raw materials
- Travelling to assess supplier materials
- Negotiating prices and contracts
- Leading a small team (purchasing administrator and junior buyer)
- Managing relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers
In return, the senior buyer (raw materials) will receive a salary of £42,000 - £50,000, plus a car allowance of £3,500 and a bonus of up to 10%.
- Purchasing, sales, negotiation or commercial experience gained in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience Ideally, a business/supply chain degree or CIPS membershipA proven track record of conducting negotiations
- Willingness to travel
Please click apply to progress your application for the senior buyer position.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.