Adecco Northumberland Finance Team are delighted to support a Cramlington based client in a search for an Assistant Account. Our client has a global outreach, covering 40 countries, with over 40 thousand employees. The successful candidate would be joining a well-established team, and report into the Financial Controller. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Quality systems / Compliance
- Key tasks and responsibilities - Support the Financial Controller with day-to-day accounting, reporting, systems, and controls, to include but not limited to:
- P/L (Purchase Ledger).
- Action non-PO approval flow within ERP system.
- Deal with queries effectively and efficiently
- Action Master Data process for new suppliers /changes to supplier's details.
- Other Ad-hoc P/L activities as required
- Management Accounting
- Maintain sales data mapping
- Prepare and submit customer profitability analysis
- Prepare and maintain the Company's OEE and productivity information
- Other Ad-hoc M/A activities as required
- Financial Accounting
- Ensure all required financial transactions (i.e. accruals, prepayments, CapEx, etc.) are processed accurately and timely, in order to meet internal and external requirements.
- Ensure on time month end reporting, preparation and submission.
- Prepare and submit monthly FX exposure and Hedging requirements in line with Group Treasury Policies
- Assist the Financial Controller in the annual budgeting process
- Prepare monthly Cashflow forecast
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Company's internal controls environment. Maintain, test and update accordingly
- Other Ad-hoc F/A activities as required
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTSFormal Qualifications and Experience
- Paperwork - Ensure that all paperwork is completed as and when required whilst maintaining prescribed levels of accuracy
- Support the improvement of internal controls by participating in the development of SOPs, reference documents and forms
- Participate, as required, in audits (internal or external).
Specific Skills and Abilities
- Preferred: AAT Professional or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA
- Accepted: Prior, proven experience
- Attention to detail
- Strong IT skills / Excel proficient
- Problem solving / Analytic skills
- Understanding of manufacturing process
- Time keeping
- Time management: ability to prioritise / ability to multi-task
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Meet strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to build strong working relationships with relevant persons
- Dynamic and open mind orientated
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-changing environment
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.