To provide comprehensive assistance to two Partners and the Dispute Resolution team concurrently to support them in providing the highest possible quality of service to their clients. To also work as a team member in the firm's vibrant and main Kent office.Duties
- To liaise with clients to update them & take instructions as well as accurately record telephone enquiries.
- Manage diary appointments for fee earners and manage Partner non-client emails.
- Open client files accurately on the firm's database to include key dates, limitation, basic conflict & risk assessment, and costs to comply with Law Net and any other requirements.
- Conduct basic compliance and conflict research into potential clients and opponent parties.
- Consult directly with clients, other solicitors, and agents/other parties as appropriate.
- To manage the electronic filing of documents internally and with the court.
- To conduct administration such as typing dictation work, billing, photocopying, preparing bundles, processing expenses.
- To undertake any other ad hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Department.
- Must be confident in positive dealing with clients, other solicitors, courts etc.
- Outstanding organisational skills are essential in order to be able to assist with paperless commercial litigation files. Must be able to demonstrate strong file management skills and accurate document filing.
- The ability to work closely with and support the Partners.
- Excellent time management skills and a positive and flexible approach.
- Ability to adjust communication style according to different situations and client's needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Commercial awareness in terms of understanding how to support business development and key client satisfaction requirements.
- Previous experience of working in Dispute Resolution desired.