Exclusive instruction. Legal Counsel - Residential focus - long leasehold, service charge and real property disputes.Client Details
Our Client is a well known brand in the Residential Property Management Sector.Description
Taking instruction from Senior Stakeholders within the business, the successful candidate will handle their own case load of predominantly property litigation matters, with appropriate supervision from Senior Lawyers (according to their experience). You with deal with all stages of disputes from pre-litigation stage up to and including trial/hearing advocacy (as required) as well as other ad-hoc legal issues as required.
- liaise with external solicitors and Counsel, where instructed, monitoring external costs spend carefully and obtaining appropriate expenditure authorities.
- provide general support and advice to internal clients within the Company (including Directors, Operations, Credit Control, Property Management and Consents functions) on property legislation requirements and regulatory compliance.
- manage case deadlines and other work requirements carefully and protecting the interests of the Company at all times.
- supervise team support staff maintaining case files and records, database records, reports on dispute matters and other legal activity for both internal and external clients.
- Draft and review documents and agreements in use throughout the Company, advising on procedures and policies as may be required (no previous commercial contracts experience is required for this role but expertise in this area will be looked upon favourably).
The successful candidate will
- be a Solicitor or Barrister qualified to practice in England & Wales with current unrestricted Practising Certificate.
- be likely to have between 3 and 8 years of post-qualification experience which are rough PQE scales set due to the nature of work, autonomy required and the current structure of the existing established Legal Team.
- Experience of residential Landlord & Tenant litigation (long leasehold properties, not private rented (AST) sector) and general commercial litigation
- Experience of advocacy before Courts and/or Tribunals
Skills and knowledge: desirable but by no means a pre-requisite:
- Experience of conveyancing, property acquisitions, and property related finance
- Experience of company and commercial transactional matters
- Experience of GDPR legislation
For further information about the competitive package on offer for this role, please apply to this advert or, contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal for a conversation in confidence.