Are you a self-motivated Design Engineer who is a team player to join an ever growing busy manufacturing company based in Redditch. This role is to support the continued rapid growth of the company, working with a multi-disciplined Design Team in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The engineer will be involved with the concept design of specialist bespoke systems. Along with the rest of the team the engineer will ensure that all of the day-to-day requirements arising from the sales, production and fabrication departments are dealt with. The engineer is responsible for the mechanical design and development of a range of projects, starting from the initial design, working to customer specifications', preparing designs for manufacture, and seeing the product through to completion. The engineer will provide technical input into the business development and assist with future product development of existing and new products.Design Engineer Key Duties and Responsibilities
Design Engineer Skills and Experience
- To design and develop new products as required and to see them through to completion
- To design and develop enhancements to the existing product range.
- To support other departments where required on issues of a technical nature.
- Provide technical support to customer, which may involve site visits of both a national and international nature.
- The production of, and maintenance of technical documentation as required, including 3D CAD models, 2D CAD drawings, DXF files for laser cutting, bills of materials, technical specifications, test data etc.
- To ensure that the products meet mandatory legislation and customer specific legislation.
- Testing of products - installation, collecting results and analysing data - creation of test reports.
A proven track record in a similar Engineering or Technical Design role with a manufacturing environment. Good CAD background and preferably be fully conversant with Solidworks 2D / 3D Modelling and AutoCAD 2D. Proficient MS Office user.A knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
Although the role is largely mechanically biased, previous experience with electronics and electrics would be beneficial.Qualifications
Minimum HNC / HND in Engineering, however a degree is preferable.Personal
In return you can expect to receive a competitive basic salary of between £30,000- £40,000 depending on your skills and experience , Flexible working, Pension, 25 days holiday and Free parking. The hours of work are Monday -Thursday 8-5pm and Friday 8-2pm. If you have the skills and experience that my client is looking for then please click APPLY or call Michelle Laight on . PLEASE NOTE- due to the high level of applications we are getting we cannot personally get back to each and every application I would like to thank you for your interest and assure you that if you have not been selected for this role we will of course keep looking at new roles for you. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you good luck in your job search
- Calm under pressure and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Multi Tasks Easily
- PC Literate
- Good Team Worker
- Good attention to detail