We are seeking a Cost Accountant, primarily you will take responsibility for the daily activities of the cost accounting function for the plant, analysing and interpreting cost information and reporting to the management team. Reporting to the Site Financial Controller.
Some of the key responsibilities for this successful individual would be but no limited to:
* Provide detailed product cost and P&L analysis to support a variety of current business processes, working closely with all functions
* Analyse labour, material, and overhead cost against standard/budget. Research and explain variances and report information as needed
* Margin reconciliation; enhance reporting structure with margin information by product and variance.
* Report on the KPI's; ensure accuracy, usefulness and understanding of all KPI's and work closely with the management, giving the necessary information to help them increase operational performance
* Support the financial planning and budget process.
* Support the Financial Controller in maintaining all finance and business internal controls (SOX Controls)
* Perform ad-hoc product or plant project cost analysis to support the operations
* Creation of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
* Ensure spending is in line with budgets
* Managing the preparation of weekly KPIs
* Monthly reconciliation of balance sheets
* Intercompany reconciliation / Reconcile Sub-Ledgers to General-Ledgers
* Netting process
* To assist the Financial Controller and Finance team colleagues with daily tasks and when necessary, provide cover for an absent team members
* Ensure all areas of responsibility meet expected housekeeping standards and comply with the Quality Management Systems
* To liaise both in person and electronically, with both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful Cost Accountant will be/have:
* Newly or part qualified CIMA or equivalent.
* You will have previous experience within a management role within the manufacturing sector.
* Strong IT skills. Knowledge of MS Excel, Oracle, SAP or similar would be advantageous.
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
* Clear written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate with external stakeholders on any financial matters as well as the ability to communicate issues or respond to queries with internal budget holders.
Please contact for a confidential discussion