TheHireWorks is looking for a Portable Appliance Tester (PAT) to work for our client, a prestigious College. Working as part of a team and also at times solo the successful candidate will need to be adaptable in this aspect.
* To attend courses and lectures as directed, relevant to the trade including Health and Safety where applicable;
* To carry out minor repairs to portable electrical appliance to conform to manufacturers specifications and current regulations.
* To test portable appliance to the current standards with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the Electricity at Work Act.
* To clean fans, light fittings and service simple mechanical and electrical equipment as necessary or as directed.
* Assist tradesmen to carry out various jobs/task from time to time as directed.
* To carry out visual and electrical tests of a minor nature to fixed electrical installation as directed by the supervisor(s).
* Check and replace lamps as necessary or as directed.
Experience is essential in maintenance and preferable with an electrical bias. The successful candidate should be confident and competent in the use of testing equipment. They should be qualified to undertake PAT testing and should hold a recognised PAT testing qualification. As and when the candidate must be willing to undertake further training to stay up to date.
Salary: Up to £22,000 depending on experience (DOE)
Hours: 39 hours Full Time (8-5 Mon-Thurs, 8-4 Fri)
Holiday: 25 days plus an additional 8 bank holiday days.
Meals: When on duty lunch will be provided by the servery of a set allowance.
Pension: There will be a pension for staff after a 3-month period that meets the requirements of the Occupational and Personal Scheme Regulations. You will be able to opt-out if you choose.
More benefits included
For more information, please Contact Toby