Job Title - Commercial Business Analyst
Place of work - Dover/Hybrid Opportunity
Salary up to £32,500
The post holder will be working within our Commercial team as a Commercial Business Analyst, you will be based out in Dover. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Commercial Business Analyst will support the business development and Commercial strategy through value adding analytical support.
You will contribute to the growth of each of their business pillars and from Operations, to Commercial, People to Technology (e.g. their Departments) - by working on challenges and opportunities they face in being a critical part of the UK's national infrastructure.
Duties of the Post Holder
Provide strategic analysis to support the Commercial department.
Analyse customer performance through investigation of current volumes and revenue streams
Compile regular daily and monthly regular reports with defined formats in addition to performing adhoc reporting requests, primarily on department performance.
Research existing and potential markets to identify opportunities for potential growth
Follow up on commercial/operational issues at hand by carrying out root cause analysis, providing suggestions for improvement and ensuring proper implementation.
Support administration of the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
Support development and implementation of new customer value propositions
Any other duties and tasks as required to support colleagues in the Commercial department.
Any other duties assigned by the manager from time to time. Such duties will be reasonable in relation to the jobholder's skills, abilities and status.
To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do.
To identify potential risks in the work area, and to report such risks promptly to management.
Flexible hybrid working, although should be willing and able to work out of Dover at least 2-3 days a week.
The Ideal Fit
* Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
* Strong analytical skills and ability to draw conclusions from statistical data
* Confident user of MS applications
* Experience of producing business reports advantageous
* Experience of implementations of new IT systems advantageous
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate (verbally and written) to varying stakeholders and seniorities
* Able to work within a team and on own initiative
* Ability to influence, help build consensus amongst stakeholders, identify roadblocks, and invoke change.
* You have an ownership mindset working with a high degree of urgency, resourcefulness and inventiveness.
* Open-minded and innovative, having the ability to see the bigger picture across the whole of our business.
* Strong collaboration skills, being able to support, listen and engage at all levels.
* Comfortable with ambiguity and finding creative solutions
* Relentless focus on details, accuracy, and quality
* Ability to identify appropriate sources of information for research purposes
* Ability to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of their teams
* Strives to create conducive environment for managing alliances & partnerships, internal & externally.
* Role model in creating a culture of integrity and respect, creating a great place to work.
* Interacts in the wider community to generate original ideas and innovative solutions.
* Develops themselves and the team to meet individual and business requirements.
* Demonstrates social and cultural awareness and an ability to relate to a diverse range of people.
* Ability to listen carefully and attentively, tailoring their communication style to the needs of the audience.
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion