JOB TITLE: Service Support Technician
REPORTING TO: Service Delivery Lead
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
Location: Adelphi Mill, Bollington, Cheshire, SK10 5JB
Working within a busy small team environment providing highest quality service to all our internal and external users. This comprises of Service Desk work, software and hardware deployment, desktop support, testing, training, telephone, and systems support. Production and maintenance of documentation.
You must be a self-motivated individual, service driven possessing excellent IT problem resolving competence, communication and listening skills coupled with a methodical logical mindset, passionate and enthusiastic about IT.
* Working within the Service desk team as a service support technician to provide technical expertise around all applications and areas of IT.
* Robust Servicedesk queue management, co-ordination, and communication of Servicedesk status across the teams including escalation, and status updates to team members and management.
* Responding to support incidents on the phone, through email, within the Servicedesk software ticket system, Incident recording, call escalation, call clearing, call classification etc.
* Deploy and install desktop & laptop, printers, mobile phones and tablets.
* Deploy and install standard as well as custom software applications.
* Manage Active Directory for Users and Computers account management.
* Operate within published procedures for Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management working within an ITIL framework.
* Provide excellent customer service always through an understanding of each customer's needs, aiming on a swift first-time resolution to the customer.
* Provide technical input to project work e.g., upgrades and implementation of new technology
* Very strong troubleshooting experience with local/remote/home/roaming users.
* Administration of all system procedures and maintaining system logs and manuals.
* Ensure compliance of Sarbanes's Oxley (S-BOX) IT regulations are met always.
* Providing training and workshops to users.
* Experience of working as a 1st / 2nd Line support operative within a Microsoft environment.
* Experience of providing support to Desktop, Laptops, mobiles, and tablets.
* Experience of supporting Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
* Network experience - Confidence in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, troubleshooting using OSI Model.
* Experience operating within a ITIL Service Desk environment and team, supporting users remotely and managing tickets through ITIL Framework tools.
* Enterprise level support of Active Directory and Office 365 and portals for troubleshooting, configuration, and administration activities.
* Previous experience in the creation of technical support documentation
General/Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication skills and a passion for technology.
- Exceptional customer service skills with attention to detail and excellent telephone manner.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive individual who possesses excellent problemsolving skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and balancing of priorities.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and to be able to work well under pressure.
- Fully own, track, monitor and communicate the status of Incidents to users and IT functions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a proactive approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and can respond rapidly in an ever changing and dynamic environment.
- Capable of working with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- General Knowledge of IT equipment & applications.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networks/Wide Area Networks.
- Meeting room equipment management and support
- Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx etc...., web conferencing platforms experience
- Any experience in healthcare/market research would be desirable but not essential.
- Mentoring of junior team members and knowledge transfer
- Ideally Certified to ITIL foundation.
- Microsoft Certification across Desktop/Applications: Windows, Devices, Office, Office 365
- Networking LAN / IP / Troubleshooting
- 2 years' experience within a professional service support environment.
- Educated to college level.
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time. Some flexibility including shift and out of hours working may be required. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
Omnicom Health Group is committed to hiring and developing exceptional talent. We agree that talent is equally distributed, and we're focused on developing diverse teams that can bring the best solutions to everything we do. We strongly believe that celebrating what makes us different makes us better together. Join us-we look forward to getting to know you